Who else would’ve remembered that Sonic the Hedgehog is already turning 25 this year? On March 19th, the man behind Sega’s virally popular Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account and other noteworthy Sega employees will be presenting at the SXSW Gaming Expo in Austin, TX.
In celebration for the series’ 25th anniversary, the Sega team will be taking fans on a comprehensive journey that will discuss the past, present, and future of everyone’s favorite Erinaceus. Fans in attendance can expect to see the following Sega employees on the panel:
- Aaron Webber (Social Media Manager, Sega)
- Austin Keys (Director of Product Development, Sega)
- Mike Pollock (Voice of Dr. Eggman, Sega)
- Roger Smith (Voice of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega)
- Takashi Iizuka (Head of Team Sonic, Sega)
- Yuji Naka (Creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega)
The team will be presenting on the SXSW Gaming Expo’s Geek Stage, which can be found in Ballroom C of the Austin Convention Center. The panel’s listing can be found on the SXSW website here.