It is time to bust out your bubble gum again – Duke Nukem makes his marvelous return in Gearbox Software’s newest game, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour.
Starting today at 5PM PDT, fans will be able to download this ballsy first-person shooter for PS4, Xbox One, or PC for an MSRP of $19.99. The remake features “new, never-before-seen content from the original development team”, which includes a new episode, called Alien World Order. The episode introduces eight new areas for Duke to kick some major ass in, such as: Amsterdam, Paris, San Francisco, and more!
Other features in the remake include:
- Hail to the King, Baby! – Complete, all-new episode containing eight brand new, classically-designed levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord®” Gray
- Come Get Some! – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John
- I’ve Got Balls of Steel! – All-new behind-the-scenes commentary from the original development team, accessible in-game
- I’m Lookin’ Good! – Play the game using the original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at improved fidelity and frame rate using Gearbox’s all-new “True3D Rendering” mode
- Ooh, That’s Gotta Hurt! – Duke it out online with up to eight players in Dukematch or team up in eight-player online co-op
Don’t have the ability to download games digitally? Have no fear – gamers will be able to pick up a physical copy of the game (PS4 or Xbox One) at a local area GameStop on October 18th.